sightsbitsandbites has been nominated for an award!
thanks so much to cupcaketravels for not only popping in to see what i’ve got to say, but also for nominating me for this award. to receive this from a fellow blogger definitely makes me feel a mixed bag of emotions.. pride, shock, flattery.. thank you! thank you! thank you!
now, in the spirit of this award, i must:
- tell you 7 things about myself and
- nominate other inspiring bloggers to receive this award
- and of course, post the award on my blog and thank the person who nominated me.
so, 7 things about me:
(eeek.. it was difficult enough to come up with my ‘about me page’, and i suppose i can’t pull a sally field moment and simply scream, ‘you like me! you really really like me!’?)
1. i love stationary and little books. my collection keeps growing, yet i refuse to use any of them. they’re too perfect!
2. i’ve been known to wear swimming goggles while chopping onions. yes, they sell expensive ‘onion chopping goggles’ in the gourmet kitchen shops but i’m cheap and use the dollar store variety – which tend to fog up and cause me to become temporarily blind. perfect for while yielding a sharp knife.
3. most children tell their younger siblings that they were adopted. i didn’t do that. instead, i told my younger sister that i was stolen from royalty.
4. my first pet was a rabbit named flopsy. he disappeared from our back yard one day and the belief is that a neighbour stole him to make dinner. rip flopsy.
5. numbers make my eyes glaze over, which is awkward given that i work in transportation and numbers are a major factor of my 9to5.
6. for my next milestone birthday i’m headed to italy and a cooking school. goals like that excite me to get older!
7. i tend to remember vacations by what delicious food i ate. the warm pistachio nuts at thomas keller’s bouchon, standing in the street while eating a tasty falafel from ‘l’as du fallafel’, and delicious curry at busaba eathai are a few that immediately come to mind. *slurp*
and now, the bloggers that i have found inspiring lately and would like to nominate to receive ‘the inspiring blogger award’ - in no particular order – are:
(drum roll, please.. )
1. craig over at wall-to-wall gratitude has the right idea. in this world of hustle bustle, it’s important to remember what (and who) we’re thankful for. i love this idea.
2. t.b.m. over at 50 year project has a goal.. visit 192 countries, read 1,001 books and watch the top 100 movies. i’m so thankful that i can follow along on this journey.
3. deanna writes over at sweet child of mine. she was the first person to follow my blog (thank you!), and i’ve learned so much about life through reading hers.
4. cory over at eat and relish writes a delightful blog. she’s funny as heck, and her food photos make me want to lick my computer monitor. enough said.
5. tahira over at tahira’s shenanigans has done what i’ve only dreamed of doing. packing up, moving far away and starting a new life. thankfully people like her blog, and let us follow along on their journeys.
6. i notsosecretly want shanda over at this french farmhouse to adopt me so i can have that life. jealous!
7. eatsporkjew shared a fantastic photographic trip down memory lane with his visit to l’as du fallafel. *slurp*